DOES THE PASSAGE SAY?
- List the facts (the outstanding
- Do not get spiritual - just facts
- Do not look into it for some application
- Read the passage thoroughly
- You will probably need to read it
- The main subject
- Who is being spoken to
- Make a list of these
DOES THE PASSAGE MEAN?
- What do those facts mean?
- Find lessons from each one of those
- What would you want it to mean to
your child, your husband or wife, your
- Why were those facts recorded?
- Do they mean something other than
- What are the people doing that I
should do? That I should not do?
- Is there something that we can learn
for our daily life through the facts?
- Look for the lessons you can learn
from these facts.
|Is there an example
command I/we should follow?
I/we should forsake?
I/we should avoid?
I/we should claim?
I/we should obey?
- Pray about the answers
DOES THE PASSAGE MEAN TO ME?
- In answering "What does it
mean to me?", go back to Step#2,
re-read the lessons, and put them in the
form of a question that you would ask
- In answering this question, very
often, you begin to hear the voice of
God speaking to you through the passage